Dusky beauty Samantha made an impressive debut with Gowtham Vasudev Menon’s Ye Maya Chesave and she has never looked back after the release of the movie. She climbed huge heights with hard work and dedication which made her one of the leading actress down south. Here are
some interesting facts about the Samantha
1. Samantha has been born in Madhurai to a Telugu Christian family and she has been called as Sam by her family members. She has two brothers.
2. Samantha agreed to do several liplock scenes in her debut movie with Naga Chaitanya which was a daring attempt. But the movie made her widely popular.
3. Samantha happened to be a model in Chennai before she made her entry in films. She used to open several shopping malls in and around Chennai during her initial days of her career.
4. Samantha is quite impressed with NTR and Mahesh’s performances in Tollywood and she has revealed this many times during her public interactions. NTR’s dance and Mahesh’s screen presence are most loved by the actress.
5. Samantha has been contacted for the female lead in Shankar’s last outing ‘I’ with Vikram in the lead role. But Samantha was not completely fit and she had health issues and allotting bulk dates was not possible after which she rejected the movie.
6. Samantha has been rumoured to be in relation with actor Siddarth though they remained tight lipped. Some tweets on twitter later revealed that the duo had a breakup. Even the news did not affect the career of Samantha.
7. Samantha always impressed the audience with her performance and presence. She impressed the critics and she won several awards that included Nandi awards and Filmfare awards.
8. Samantha always wanted to score massive hit in Tamil but she scored back to back hits in Telugu and finally after four years she got her first hit in Tamil language.
9. Samantha has a huge place for charity and she donates her part of her remuneration to Pratyusha Foundation through which she is serving the poor and the deceased.
10. Nagarjuna revealed that Samantha is the best choice for their multistarrer Manam and no other actress can replace her in the role which is the best compliment that Samantha has ever got.