Versatile director SS Rajamouli has taken Telugu cinema to the International circuits after the release of Baahubali: The Beginnging. With back to back hits, he emerged as the top director of South Indian cinema.
Here are some unknown facts about the promising director:
1. Rajamouli was a fun loving guy and he used to pass time after graduating and during this time he was called by Srivalli garu and warned him about his future. It was then Rajamouli turned up as writer later which he moved himself to the direction department.
2. Rajamouli directed a serial named Santhi Nivasam under the production of director K Raghavendra Rao. Raghavendra Rao handled over the direction responsibilities to Rajamouli completely for the serial.
3. During the shoot of Santhi Nivasam, Rajeev Kanakala used to call him Jakkanna, but it became popular later when NTR used to reveal it in public appearances.
4. Rajamouli was asked to introduce Ramcharan by Chiranjeevi but the director revealed that he is busy with his commitments and also its better to introduce Charan with a love story which he cannot do. He later directed his second movie Magadheera.
5. The ace director revealed that he will work with Victory Venkatesh after the release of Yama Donga, but the movie did not shape out till date.
6. Top directors Puri Jagannadh, VV Vinayak and SS Rajamouli have been born on September 28th, October 9th and October 10th, which is within a gap of just 10 days which is strange.
7. Maryada Ramanna has been inspired from a Hollywood film Ours Hospitality.
8. His super hit movie Magadheera received Nandi Award, Filmfare Award along with MAA Awards.
9. He was the presenter for Vishaka Express and Rajamouli produced Yama Donga on his own banner Vishwamithra Creations banner.
10. His latest film Baahubali: The Beginning ended as the biggest hit in the history of South Indian cinema and is the third highest grossed Indian film