Magadheera has a special place in the hearts of the audience. This intense action entertainer made Ramcharan a star actor and the movie proved the stamina of Tollywood.
Here are some interesting facts about this SS Rajamouli directorial:
1. Magadheera is the costliest film made during those days and the movie has been made on a budget of Rs 40.2 crores including the publicity. Allu Aravind produced the movie having confidence on SS Rajamouli.
2. The film released on July 31, 2009 and Magadheera collected Rs 75 crores across the world smashing all the existing records of Tollywood.
3. Magadheera owed the highest grosser name for over 5 years after which it has been crossed by Pawan Kalyan’s Atharintiki Daaredi.
4. Rajamouli spent Rs 8 crores on visual effects for Magadheera and the movie has been made on the latest technology.
5. Magadheera is the only film released in over 1250 theatres during those days which is huge. Earlier big budget films used to be released in 700 screens.
6. A 500 feet film from the movie has been robbed by unknown people from Rainbow Labs, Ramoji Film City. The makers have lodged a complaint but with nothing much to do, they ignored as it has no impact on the movie.
7. Magadheera is the first film released in Blueray after CD and DVD.
8. The movie has been dubbed into Tamil and Malayalam. The movie has been remade in Bengali and later on dubbed into Hindi. Magadheera was a huge hit in all the released languages.
9. Magadheera washed out all the awards of the year. The movie grabbed 9 Nandi awards, 2 National awards, 10 Filmfare awards, 13 Cine MAA awards, 10 Southscope awards and 9 Santhosham awards which has been huge.
10. Ramcharan has been suggested to make his entry in Bollywood with the film but Charan was not interest to remake it in Bollywood and release it again.